Thursday, October 26, 2017

Heresy Era Sons of Horus - Reaver Attack Squad painting begins!

Just a quick hit this morning, been having some work done on the house which has meant the hobby loft has been challenging to get to. That said, it was nice enough outside to primer some models and I got the greens down on the Reaver Attack Squad!


It's mentioned a couple times that the Reavers tend to wear a darker green livery than the rest of their legion, and I tried to take the recipe I've been using down a couple tones. They will end up with red shoulder pads as well, which I think should look pretty cool and help tie them in with the Justaerin and the veterans. Really liking the Maxmini jump packs - They are a nice nod to the modern-era chaos raptors versions!

7 comments:

  1. I am a fan of those jet packs for sure. To me they have the real weight to them.

    Loving those green tones though, nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of where these are right now. I'm not sure red will go very well with them though. Red and green are very unflattering together! Maybe black pads?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rory Priest: Indeed! Thanks very much!

    @John Stiening: Thanks! I'm actually wishing I'd gone with this green for the baseline troops at this point. Guess that means after I'm done with this force, I can justify doing another take on the SoH, right? The red is going to be very dark reddish-brown, similar to that used on the Justaerin - a bright red would definitely stray into christmas territory! :)

    @Monkaychuka: Cheers, bud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the Jump packs, they're awesome. My blog reader didn't include the maxmini reference so I immediately started looking on Forgeworld for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dave Weston: Cheers! They're the "Storm Talon" jump packs, really pleased with 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great, and nice Maximini jump packs

    ReplyDelete