Sunday, August 14, 2016

Heresy Era Thousand Sons - Damocles Command Rhino off the showroom floor, and dabbling with Deathwatch.

Not a huge amount of hobby time over the last week, though I did manage to get the Damocles painted up to the initial sealant stage prior to the application of waterslides and weathering. Almost to the finish line!


Tried to downplay the aquilas a little as broadly speaking they were vary rarely worn during the heresy, but I figured on the command tank it's not totally out of place. Tons of little rivets of course - I shudder to think how many rivets I've painted for this army already and weep to think how many more remain to be done!


In what is an entirely different kind of heresy, I picked up the new Death Masque box set and the Deathwatch codex. Before tearing into the new models I wanted to do a few test models, so I built up a trio of Space Wolf terminators (as I intend 3 5-man terminator squads) - if I muff the paint scheme it'll be okay, it's just some Space Wolves. Haha!

11 comments:

  1. Death by rivets. I'll never go near Orky machinery again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think rivets on IG are a bit worse. At least if you miss them on ork vehicles, it's an ork vehicle, so its not like they just wouldn't slap paint randomly over it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But but I find your blog so... Riveting ;)

    Looking great as always! I love your rich colours.

    Looking forward to seeing how you to Deathwatch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liking the command Rhino for sure. Want to see the force together now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rhino CP looks great, is there even any room for decals ?

    And will e-mither as well....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on the rhino. I like it's got all the command bling without looking too over the top. So Deathwatch brings you to three concurrent project? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The command Rhino looks really fantastic - I love the shading on the deep red, & that bone white contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Monkeychucka: Hah! For sure!

    @Greg Hess: Indeed - the last guard army I'd done truly got out of hand, rivet-wise!

    @Rob Hill: Har har! Thanks man!

    @Rory Priest: Family photos to come, will be laying out and shooting the various iterations of the force that'll be making the trip out to NOVA!

    @Zzzzzz: Hah! Too true, started the transfers last night and ran into that exact issue. Big nova on the rear hatch, and a couple little cartouches but that's about it!

    @Joe B: Thanks! Pretty much, there's the KSons, the Dark Eldar/Harlequins (though with the added kits from Death Masque, the Harlies are almost a full force), and the Deathwatch. ...And some Ad-Mech. ;)

    @Pawn Cocktail: I appreciate it!

    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the paint job on the Command Rhino!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Comman Rhino came out great! Can't wait to see what you do with the Deathwatch.

    I'm not sure whether I'm going to paint up the Eldar myself. Might look around the Convertorm and others site ms for some alternative ideas...

    ReplyDelete