Tuesday, July 5, 2016

40k Dark Eldar - Quite a bit of progress!

Hope all our stateside readers had a safe and happy 4th of July, and for everyone else, I hope that your Monday was tolerable! Had a three day weekend which meant I had some extra hobby time, and ended up being rather productive - finished off the Wyches, got darn near the finish line with the Warrior's Raider, and got some build time in as well. Woo!


The Wyches got a little further touch up, the bases were finished and flocked, and they're more or less good to go! A couple of the eyes are still a little wonky when blown up to 400% size but they don't look quite so odd in person. Can always justify it as "the combat drugs are kicking in, maaaaaan..." Hah!


Got stuck in on the Warrior's Raider as well, rather near the finish line. Took it up to the first sealant pass so I could lay in a couple waterslide transfers on the sail and banner, but think that it needs some tribal linework on the hull to break it up a little. The Warrior's Raider was always going to be rather unadorned compared to the Wyches' and Archon's Raiders, but this is a little TOO spartan I think. More to come on that one!


While I was about it I rewarded myself with a little build time and got the unit of Scourges built. These hadn't been released yet by the time I'd sold my previous Dark Eldar army, but I knew that they were a must-buy for this project - they're my favorite sculpts of the line and I am really looking forward to painting them up!

8 comments:

  1. I really had to think about your 'three day weekend'. Doh. Nice work on the wyches. Looking forward to the flyin' scourges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As ever you seem to be blasting through this lot. The Scourges really are a beautiful kit - Jes did a fantastic job on the DE relaunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job dude. agree about the raise though, some decoration to break up the surfaces will be good. Can't wait to see the scourges. Def my face models of the DE range

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got some scourges, those models alone have tempted me to do a DE army.

    The wyches and radier are looking fine. Totally agree with you needing something for the warriors to have personalized on the raider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, you are a machine! You are just flying through figures. I haven't painted in 9 months now. :( Too much 'real life' going on...
    Keep it up, at least I can see someone making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing finished efforts mate.

    3-day weekend was BBQ-tastic watching all the illegal fireworks going off in my neighbourhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Zzzzzz: Hah! Thanks very much!

    @Frothing Muppet: Cheers man! Aye, they are definitely the stand-out sculpt from the new line to me.

    @NafNaf: Aye - been practicing some freehand markings, we'll see how it goes!

    @Rory Priest: Indeed! They were the driving force behind the decicion to go DE as well.

    @Billy Pistole: Thanks man! Hope you can get a little hobby time in soon, I always loved your updates!

    @Dai: Excellent! Did much the same m'self!

    @Joe B: I appreciate it!

    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete