Friday, May 13, 2016

NOCF Charity Ork Army - 'Eadbangers in leather...

...More leather straps than a Judas Priest concert! As we near the finish line on da Boyz, we start to get into the little fiddly details - the goal over the last couple days was to knock out all the leatherwork, and there was a lot of it! Early steps in the process can be pretty messy, relying on subsequent steps to clean up any slop but at this point I'm having to be very careful not to overspill which slows things to a crawl. However perseverance it key!


Next up is the copper/gold jewelry and shell casings, the rest of the black flames, and general cleanup of stuff I'd missed. Getting ever closer to the finish line!

11 comments:

  1. Batch painting in 40 model batches would have killed a lesser man

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking so good! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My what a massive horde you have there! It is going to be an incredible charity army.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These guys are looking great, I love the shoulder pads, nice flames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Monkeychucka: The rumour that I am just a mono-task painting servitor is a specious rumor! :)

    @Zab: Thanks man!

    @John Stiening: I appreciate it! Really digging what the other contributors have been doing, it's going to be a great army!

    @Michael Mills: Cheers man!

    @Stephen: Thanks! Definitely a nice change from all the power armour!

    @Bronislaw Czevak: Thanks man, I always loved the black/yellow flame motif for the Bad Moons!

    @Col. Hertford: I'll be sure to post up more details as the army comes together and it goes up for raffle. It's going to be very cool!

    @Rory Priest: Haha! I'm trying my best!

    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yer a trooper alright. This much yellow and black and green would put me off painting for yonks...

    Looking great though. *thumbsup*

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Dai: Hah! Certainly getting my fill of green and yellow. Actually looking forward to painting more Thousand Sons again! ;)

    ReplyDelete