Sunday, October 18, 2015

Heresy Era Alpha Legion - Dreadtober Contemptor painting begins!

Heresy upon heresy - I managed to squeeze in a little painting time this weekend, and started laying in the purples and metals on the Contemptor for the Alpha Legion. As alluded to previously, I'm going with the description of the Alpha Legion armour from the book Legion, where it's mentioned a few times as being purple/indigo. This is also shown on the cover art, where it's definitely a more blueish-purple than that found on the Emperor's Children.


I tried a couple variations and came up with a reasonable approximation, I believe. I went with a more dark and oily metallic on the joints and undercarriage, and a blue-tinged silver for the trim.


The ol' color wheel suggests the complimentary colors are green (suitable for the legion symbology) and yellow/orange, which will be used on the eye lenses, power cables, etc. So far, so good!


9 comments:

  1. I like where this is going so far. Hope you'll get more time to work on him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope yo get more time as well. This is looking great. I like your decision to go with purple and green for the main colors. They look really sharp together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work so far dude. The orange will really make it pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop getting more done in a weekend than I had in three!

    Looking nice so far and I am digging that colour scheme. It skims past the EC colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking it thus far. Don't go crazy with the orange cables!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dai: Thanks very much! My schedule has not been nearly as hobby-friendly as it once was, following the HQ move. Boo!

    @John Stiening: I appreciate it, man! I think some weathering is going to make all the difference and really make 'em pop!

    @Zab: Cheers bud!

    @NafNaf: Thanks! I'm hoping so, don't want to go overboard on it, but a little bit should help!

    @Rory Priest: Haha! It's all been fits and starts with this model, it's been a joy to build and paint which definitely helps the time fly by!

    @#2501: Thanks very much!

    @Pawn Cocktail: I appreciate it!

    @The Ambit: For sure - definitely going to be a case of 'Less is More', I think!

    Cheers, everyone!

    ReplyDelete