Saturday, March 7, 2015

Malifaux Gang Painted, and some treasures from the Closet of Doom

Real Life(tm) has been kicking my butt recently and I've not had much hobby time to spare unfortunately. That said, over the last week and a half I have managed to squeeze in a few early morning paint sessions and finished up a few of the Malifaux minis I'd won at Feast of Blades last year.


Interesting models, and I had fun painting them up. Went with a very limited palette, lots of browns and greys, and the eerie green flame motif. Rather enjoyable!


In other news, it's tax season again, and as usual Uncle Sam is trying to pick my pocket, so I've rummaged around in the Closet of Doom for a few odds and bobs that I put up on ebay recently (a few examples pictures above). I'm also working on saving up some extra cash for a trip to Italy later in the year, so there's going to be more to come as I work to clear out some of the drifting piles of plastic and resin crack that have accumulated over the years!

>Link to my current ebay auctions<

5 comments:

  1. ACES! I know how hard the limited palette is and BTW great green spot color to set them off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great stuff, I think you have found an intersting way to tie them all together. The green flames are quite a touch, would never have thought of that my self - but it makes them really outerworldly looking.
    How are the figures to paint? They look rather cool, but I never got any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you link to your auctions? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Zab: Thanks very much!

    @Manus: Cheers mate! They're interesting, sort of spindly, but really well sculpted and cast. I rather enjoyed 'em!

    @theshephrd: The sentence "a few odds and bobs that I put up on ebay recently" in the last paragraph is a link to the ebay auctions. I'll add a more explicit link as well.

    Cheers everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the green flames! Works wonderfully well with the cartoony sculpts.

    Good luck with the auctions!

    ReplyDelete