Sunday, April 10, 2011

Adeptus Mechanicus - Praetorians complete!

As I've started the build of the new Hypaspists, the models I've been painting may now officially be considered the Praetorians for the Ad-Mech army. Assuming that the army includes a Skitarii Consul, the Praetorians may be chosen as Troops rather than the Elites slot they ordinarily take up.


While I was batch painting these models, I decided that I didn't want them to all be the same, so I swapped the colors on the cloaks between the two units. It keeps the color theme throughout but helps to distinguish them from one another on the tabletop.


The Tribunes for the units are armed with Power Weapons and Hellpistols, but I'm not completely satisfied with the ones I've built. Subsequent to the contruction of these models I'd picked up some interesting-looking "clockwork weapons" from MaxMini that I thing would be more suitable. As I have half dozen or so extra torsos, I'll likely build some replacements in the future.


With these done, it means that a vast majority of the models I have built for the army have been painted - all the more reason the build more models!

6 comments:

  1. Love it, the blue adds a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of those Iron Brotherhood models. How are they to paiint? Are they metal or plastic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks!

    @Lantz - I felt they needed a little spot color, and the blue seemed to tie in well for the power cables.

    @TheGunGrave - They're all metal, and painted up rather nicely, as the cog patterns are sculpted onto the models. They are a little static as there isn't much difference in the poses, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, the blue really makes them "Pop"

    They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, they look fantastic. what are models are they based on? clearly not GW...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!

    @Atreides - They're the "Iron Brotherhood" models from Microarts Studio. They do several other varieties of model along the same lines as well.

    ReplyDelete