Sunday, November 7, 2010

A whole mess o' yellow...

Knowing that I'm going to have one too many armies in short order (once I get the DE built), so I've decided that the Orks are going to be going up on the auction block. Of course, before I can do that I have to finish painting them! My plan is to finish up the Bad Moons side of my Orks first, as it's essentially a self-contained 2000 point army. That means it was time to break out the tank brush and the yellow paint!


The vast majority of it ended up on the Battlewagon. A quick drybrush of Boltgun Metal to pick out the edges and the standard yellow-over-orange method and it's pretty much a matter of picking out the details, at this point.


The Bad Moons army is built around the idea of a Big Mek's Dreddmob, and his cronies. I'd finished of the Deff Dredd a while back, so I turned my attention to the trio of Killa Kans, and got the base colors on them as well.


Of course, if you're going to have a Dreddmob, you gotta have a Mega Dredd! I really like this model, both for the model itself as well as how it performs on the table. I have never, EVER, hit anything with the Killkannon, but the way I see it the Orks are more interested in the sound and the fury than they are in the accuracy of the targeting systems, so it all works out in the end... Heh.

3 comments:

  1. Normally I hate the crap out of Orks, because they've swept me off the table so many times. However that fine clutch of models make me want to field a mess of mechanised bastards, especially that Mega Dredd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - The Orks are a love/hate thing for me. I absolutely love building and kitbashing aspect of the Orks, but painting all of 'em becomes a chore rather quickly. At some point in the near future I'm going to have to assembly-line paint 30 boyz and 20 grots. That's gonna be a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pop me an email when they are ready to find a new boss... My own Bad Moons could always use some support...

    Jay

    ReplyDelete