Monday, June 7, 2010

Adeptus Mechanicus Explorator Force Psi Phi

Now that I have the Hypaspists assembled, I figured I should rummage around in the Closet of Doom and pull out all the various Ad-Mech units I've been hoarding over the years.


Once I got it all sorted out I realized it actually is a fairly good sized army. Plenty of infantry to hold objectives!


The two units of Imperial Robots provide an impressive amount of firepower, and several units of Servitors are always a plus. In the background is an unassembled Knight Errant, a half-assembled Biologis Land Crawler, and a Knight Paladin. The swarm of Servo Skulls are used to mark wounds and special effects during a game.


On the other side, the Tech Magos Cabal, a unit of menials, and a few extra Techpriests take up the fore, while in the middle rank are two units of Hypaspists, the Skitarii Consul and a unit of Protectors, and their Termite Tunneler Transports (say that five times fast!). In the very back is the Myrmidon Assault Engine and the unassembled Anathema Assault Tank (proxy Malcador Defender).


There are still a few units that I have planned, mostly on the Fast Attack side, but for now I'm going to focus on what I have assembled. I'm actually pretty excited to get the Hypaspists painted next, even though it'll be 23 of 'em at once. Ah well, it's only suitable to utilize the assembly-line method when painting models for the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Ave Omnissiah!

7 comments:

  1. That's a slick looking army you have there!

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're adding so many new words to my vocabulary. I thought I was done at Hypaspists! Must rest brain.
    Where's the Codex for these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks!

    @The other Kevin - I'm using the Cult Mechanicus list from the Tempus Fugitives group. They run a number of huge narrative gameday-like events in England, and have some really nice alternate codexes. Obiously it's not tournament legal, but they're well designed and a lot of fun for use in friendly games. You have to sign up to access the downloadable content, but it's worth it: http://www.tempusfugitives.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one fine-lookin' Ad-Mech army, especially those termites! I might need to pick some of those up to shuttle my skitarii around too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! The Termites are from http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/ and are listed as "Boring Machines". They're rather affordable and even though they're located in England, the shipping times and costs to the states are really reasonable. I've ordered from them a half dozen times and the packages always arrive quickly and well packed. I can't recommend them enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That is a beautiful concept army.

    I am painting some ramshackle stuff at the moment. They are a good company to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete