Friday, June 26, 2009

Gearing up for a tournament, Part 2

I made a couple changes to the intended tournament list, and built the models I needed based on the excellent suggestions I've received. In the Troops choices, I removed the standard bearer from the platoon squad and replaced him with a basic guardsman with a lasgun. I pulled the bolt pistols from all the Sergeants and went with the basic laspistol instead. I then added a Commissar to the 1st squad, so that in missions where I may wish to combine squads, all 30 of them will benefit from his leadership and Stubborn-ness. I also removed the Chimera from the Veterans squad with an eye towards mounting them in a Valkyrie armed with Multiple Rocket Pods and Heavy Bolters (which is about 90% built at the moment). In order to made up the points I removed the Griffon (figuring the Valkyrie will be better at anti-horde anyway) and went with a non-sponson-armed Russ.

It ends up being bang on 1050 points (the extra 50 allowed by virtue of having a psyker (or 7) in the army - a particular of this tourney's rules).

It means that I have a fair bit to paint now - 3 Sergeants, 5 Veterans, both Command Squads, 2 Psykers and the Valkyrie. Should be some fun stuff to paint though, they are all very character-ful miniatures!



Mordian 777th "Meatgrinder" Regiment, V2.0

HQ

Command Squad - 185
  • Commander w/ Plasma Pistol
  • Voxcaster
  • Regimental Standard
  • 2 Meltagun
  • Officer of the fleet
  • Chimera (Multilaser, Heavy Bolter)

Psyker Battle Squad - 145
  • 7 Psykers
  • 1 Overseer
  • Chimera (Multilaser, Heavy Bolter)

TROOPS

Platoon HQ Squad - 65
  • Lieutenant w/ Plasma Pistol
  • Voxcaster
  • 2 Meltaguns

1st Infantry Squad - 105
  • Sergeant w/ Laspistol & Chainsword
  • Commissar w/ Bolt Pistol
  • Voxcaster
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Autocannon

2nd Infantry Squad - 70
  • Sergeant w/ Laspistol & Chainsword
  • Voxcaster
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Autocannon

3rd Infantry Squad - 70
  • Sergeant w/ Laspistol & Chainsword
  • Voxcaster
  • Grenade Launcher
  • Autocannon

Veterans Squad - 105
  • Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol & Chainsword
  • Voxcaster
  • 3 Meltaguns
FAST ATTACK

Valkyrie Assault Transport - 140
  • Multi Laser
  • Multiple Rocket Pods
  • Heavy Bolters

HEAVY SUPPORT

Leman Russ - 165
  • Lascannon
Total: 1050pts

I'll be facing off against Marines and Tyranids next weekend to see how the list fares. I'm going to try to get it all painted by then, but failing that it will all have to be painted prior to the convention in mid August!

3 comments:

  1. I like the look of this, I must say - though it's a shame to see all the other bits going...

    good luck with the painting and the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like quite the painting assignment! I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. I like how much variety you've squeezed into your list at 1050 points - staying true to the core with a high proportion of troops backed by your LRBT but still having room to fit in your character pieces like the psykers and valk. I think the "Meatgrinder" will be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks! I have to admit to feeling a little dirty making a list like this. It pained me to have to nickel and dime some of the fluffy bits out of the list like this, but at 1000 points I found a lot of the command staff upgrades aren't cost-effective. On the other side of the coin, it does mean that I'll have more flexibility in list design in the future...

    ReplyDelete