Sunday, June 21, 2009

Charon Pattern Leman Russ, Part 2

Following the father's day festivities, I managed to finish off the alternate Leman Russ this afternoon:


I also took a quick shot of the Charon alongside a standard Leman Russ. It's a little shorter in height but the overall hull is a bit more bulky than the regular version.


Finally I pulled out all the proxy/custom tanks and did a group shot. I'm planning on doing up another pair of the Griffons as well as at least another two of the Wyvern pattern Chimeras.



Overall, another fun little project!


5 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic, mate - and I'm flummoxed as to how you could ever paint so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Drax - my only 'secret' is drybrushing. Lots and lots of drybrushing. I can usually bang out a tank in an hour or so, though a squad of infantry takes me significantly longer to do. To be fair, I've been using this paint scheme long enough that I can almost do it in my sleep - Two greys on the main hull (shadow grey, fortress grey) followed by re-blacking any non-hull spillover, two browns on the tracks (dark flesh, snakebite leather), three reds for the weapon housings (dark flesh/red gore/blood red), boltgun metal on the metal bits, and after that it's just little dabs of color here and there on the detail work. I don't expect to win any painting competitions - I just try to paint to a reasonable gaming standard. If it looks good at arms length, I'm generally happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use to build the little guy at the lower left, w/the lascannon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a based on a Chimera kit, with the sides cut down by about an inch in length, and the inner hull cut along the driver's hatch side. There used to be a tutorial on how to build them on the GW site, it was called a "Scylla light tank". There's a thread on Warseer called "IG Tankette?" that has some links on how to build one.

    ReplyDelete