Thursday, June 11, 2009

Adeptus Mechanicus Land Crawler, part 1

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm slooooowly working on putting together an Adeptus Mechanicus Explorator army based on the fine work over at the Tempus Fugitives site. One of the heavy support options in their Cult Mechanicus army list is the Genetor Biologis Land Crawler - "Based around the same STC that Arkhan Land used when developing the Land Raider, the Land Crawler is built as a mobile Genetor Biologis laboratory. Usually it collects samples from various subdued populations; however in time of open conflict its large manipulator claws are quite capable of collecting samples in multiple parts rather than wholly intact..." - Codex Cult Mechanicus, S. Mackaness



A friend of mine made a decent start of a Mechanicus army at one point, and had subsequently sold me a large chunk of the models. One of which was the beginnings of a Land Crawler, utilizing several Forge World wall panels and symbols.



I've cleaned it up a little bit, and I'm gathering bits to finish it off - I've built a pair of claws (though I'm still figuring out how and where I want to mount them), and I'm working on a dissection table to go in the rear area, using various servo-arm bits and greenstuff. Not super high on my priority list of things to work on of course, but as I was fiddling around with it a few days ago and was taking pictures of the guard models, I figured I'd start documenting the build process...

2 comments:

  1. What bits were used to make the claw? I'm working on a similar project and think that putting a claw on my mechanicum land raider would be neat.

    ReplyDelete